REDVECTOR ONLINE EDUCATION/COURSES
RedVector is a leading provider of online education content for a wide range of industries including architecture, engineering, construction, chemical processing oil and gas, mining, power generation, and pulp and paper.
PPI has partnered with RedVector to provide our online education course: Designing PEX Plumbing Systems to Optimize Performance and Efficiency. This online course is approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) for 1.0 Learning Unit HSW (Health, Safety and Welfare). This accreditation is recognized by many other professional organizations that requires continuing education. Students pay a fee directly to RedVector for the online course. Students who watch the course and successfully pass the quiz at the end will receive an online certificate for record keeping.
Learning Objectives - By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain how the properties of PEX tubing and fittings can improve health, safety and welfare through improved plumbing materials
- Describe three distinct plumbing layouts using PEX systems and compare advantages and disadvantages of each
- Apply test data from published research to demonstrate how design of the plumbing layout can improve system performance and provide faster delivery of hot-water with reduced water waste
- Direct an installer on correct installation techniques for PEX systems to ensure long-term safety and performance
- Discuss how to access industry resources for design and installation questions