The CPPA, a division of the Plastics Pipe Institute, is an international association of manufacturers, raw material suppliers, equipment distributors,
designers and manufacturers of equipment, and others involved in the production and application of corrugated pipe used for the conveyance of storm
water, as well as in commercial, agricultural, residential, recreational and sanitation applications.
Our mission is to provide information about the technology, design, specification and installation of HDPE
corrugated pipe. An expert, independent resource, the is dedicated to serving specifiers and users including engineers, highway and transportation agencies,
government entities, contractors and all others who need accurate data on HDPE
Why Can I Trust the CPPA?
The CPPA membership is composed of many leading experts in the HDPE
corrugated pipe industry
throughout North America and around the world. Since its founding in 1972, the CPPA has funded independent, third-party technical research on the
applications and performance of HDPE
- CPPA and member-sponsored studies include topics such as:
- Quantifying three-dimensional pipe wall stresses at a variety of burial depths through finite element analysis.
- Establishing the long-term tensile strength of raw polyethylene material.
- Predicting the long-term life of HDPE corrugated pipe as it relates to slow crack performance.
- Establishing the potential for a quality control test as a raw material indicator of slow crack growth resistance.
- Quantifying the abrasion properties of HDPE versus concrete, corrugated metal, corrugated aluminum, and PVC pipe.
- Culvert Analysis & Design study on minimum cover and allowable fill heights for HDPE corrugated pipe.
- Quantifying the effects of accelerated freezing on HDPE pipe.
The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM International) has adopted documented evidence produced through CPPA -funded research as standards for a
number of pipe specifications. Since its founding, the CPPA has sponsored significant industry research and continues to fund projects which are
accepted by the industry's standard-setting organizations.
The CPPA have also been a trend setting group in the establishment of industry third party certification programs, working with the many stakeholder's
across North America to develop uniform specifications benefiting the end users, regulators and pipe manufacturers.