- The 2018 PPI TR-2, PPI TR-3 and PPI TR-4 are posted to the PPI web page: https://plasticpipe.org/publications/technical-reports.html. The listings reflected in PPI TR-2 and PPI TR-4 only reflect those on active on the day the document was made. To view or confirm if a listing is active, use the Search Listing feature on the PPI HSB web section. This searches the PPI HSB database for listings active at the time of the search: https://listings.plasticpipe.org/Search.
- PPI TR-4 5-Year Renewal Policy: This policy rolled out February 2017. This policy affects PPI TR-4 Independent Standard Grade listings. Data requirements must be met for 2018 EOY renewals, reference PPI TR-3/2018 Part A.1.2. Companies holding Dependent Listings are exempt but their Independent Listing Owners must meet the policy requirements. Many PPI TR-4 Independent Listing Owners have proposed their product families and/or submitted the required data but not all have yet. Please contact Sarah Patterson, if you have not.
- PPI HSB TR Policy Course: This 2-day course reviews (in-depth) the different
aspects of the PPI HSB Program: history, definitions and key methodologies (HDB, MRS, SDB, PDB)
as well as policies specific to PPI TR2 and PPI TR3, navigating the PPI TR documents with
key standards and learning how best to apply the policies efficiently. The maximum number
of participants for each day is 24.
**Contact Sarah Patterson for specific course details.
- Course 5: September 11 - 12, 2018 (Tues/ Wed: Crestview Towers: Irving, Texas)
- Online registration is open: https://www.regonline.com/ppihsbtrpolicycourse5.
- GTI Cyclic Pressure Test: GTI is presenting a summary of the study during the PPXIX conference (Red Rock Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada). This presentation is currently scheduled for Monday, September 24 (Session 2B-Testing).
- EOY Renewal Process: Code development is well underway to automate many aspects of this end of year process. If all proceeds as planned, the 2018 EOY Renewal process will use a new online system. **Note: The current process will be available for companies opting out of the online system.
- Recognized Laboratory Policy (draft): Negatives and comments received on the last ballot are being addressed. The draft policy is now renamed to the "Acceptance of Data Policy". The draft policy is being prepared for another ballot.
- PEX Initial Listing Requirements (draft): This new section provides additional guidance on applicable PPI TR-3 sections to list solid wall PEX compounds, PEX structures and obtaining Dependent Listings. The document is released for ballot.
- Polypropylene Policy (draft): The ballot on this draft policy closed. Negatives/ comments are being addressed. Once the new draft is prepared, a new ballot will be released. In addition, an HSB Request for Information (RFI) is being prepared for the PPI Building & Construction Polypropylene Committee for review.
- Qualification of Stabilizers having a range of tin/diluent: This policy details the evaluation requirements to list a thermal stabilizer having a range of tin/ diluent. The new ballot addresses previous negatives/ comments. This ballot will close in 30-day time.
- PPI TR-3/2018 posted to the PPI web page. Revisions include the following policies. These policies were available, on the PPI HSB web page, for industry review in October 2017. Thank you to those who submitted comments for consideration.
- Definitions: New composite pipe definitions replaced the Type I, II and III descriptions.
- Part G: Clarifications on PEX material designation.
- Part E: Substitutions of PVC Resin in Fixed Compositions
- NEW: 180°F HDB Policy. This policy is approved. This new policy addresses listing requirements for polyethylene compounds achieving a 180°F HDB. The new policy will be incorporated into PPI TR-3/2018 Part F - Polyethylene Specific Polices, Practices and Procedures. The policy is available for review and comment by the industry until July 31, 2018. Please use this comment template and Sarah Patterson.
- PPI TR-2/2018 posted to the PPI web page. Revisions include the following new policy. This policy was available, on the PPI HSB web page, for industry review in October 2017. Thank you to those who submitted comments for consideration.
- Part D: PPI TR-2 New Part D: Requirements for Obtaining a Dependent Listing of the PPI PVC Range Composition: This new policy is effective January 1, 2019. **NOTE: All manufacturers currently holding or have held an active Dependent Listing of the PPI PVC Range Composition are exempt.
- PPI TR-4/2018 version is posted on the PPI web page.