Per AWWA M55-06 (1st Ed., p. 133-134), "A good maintenance program for PE water distribution and main piping systems will include the same elements utilized for other available piping materials. It is recommended that the system operator have
- A means for locating the pipe
- Records of system performance including:
- Unbillable water loss (PE piping systems may outperform other piping materials because of zero-leakage heat fusion joints)
- Tests for system efficiency including flow coefficient
- Tools required for installation and repair including squeeze-off tools and heat fusion equipment
- Repairs, downtime, and causes"