Municipal Advisory Board
To improve the design, installation, and operation of municipal HDPE water piping systems through the creation of
partnerships among utilities, researchers, designers, contractors, and the HDPE industry.
- Create a team of experts that can objectively advise the municipal industry on issues related to HDPE piping systems
- Better understand and address the needs of the municipal customers.
- Perform joint research on HDPE systems to resolve or clarify issues
- Improve the standards, design and installation of HDPE systems
- Accelerate and spread the knowledge among all stake holders
The committee will be chaired jointly by a utility and a PPI staff for a renewable 3-year period.
Board Members are selected based on their expertise in the N. American municipal market, and willingness
to commit a minimum of 3 years. Initially, PPI will solicit and accept nominations from the industry. Once the Board is
established, the Chairpersons will consult with Board members to accept nominations.
Click here to view Advisory Board Members.
Membership is intended to include:
- Utilities: 4 - 10 members
- Consultants: 3 - 5 members
- Contractors: 3 - 5 members
- Researchers: 3 - 5 members
- Associations: PPI, AWWA, ASCE, NASTT: Max. 1 member per group.
The Board meets twice a year at locations designated by the chairs. This is a long-term initiative and is intended to be an ongoing endeavor.
The PPI Municipal and Industrial Division (Management Cmt.) will provide the needed resources (budget and staff) and prompt responses to ensure
success of this partnership.