INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS - HDPE PIPEA pipe does more than just convey industrial liquids from one location to another. It must also be corrosion and abrasion resistant. It must be flexible and easy to install, and maintain a high flow coefficient throughout its service life of 50-100 years. And it must not leak.
With polyethylene pipe, you get all of these benefits. Because of the hazardous nature of some chemicals being transported, it is imperative that the system not leak. Heat fusing polyethylene pipe produces a leak free joint that is as strong if not stronger than the pipe itself in tension and pressure applications. These joints are self restrained. They need no thrust blocks or restraint harness except where the pipe attaches to a non-polyethylene system.
Polyethylene pipe is corrosion resistant and has a long history of use as an abrasion resistant material in mining applications. It is lightweight, easy to install, and reduces the number of fittings needed in a system because of its flexibility.
HDPE pipe is available for pressures up to 300 psi and constant service temperatures up to 140° F. Please see the chemical resistance chart in TR-19 for the affects of different chemicals at different temperatures.
Industries Currently Using HDPE Pipe
- Paper and Pulp Manufacturing
- Power Plants
- Semi-Conductor - Wafers
- Plastic resin Manufacturers
- LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas)
- Dredge operators
- Dredging Applications of High Density Polyethylene Pipe
- Field Applications of Polyethylene Pipe in Dredging
- Clean and ultra-pure water process
- Tank farms - fire loops and mains
- Acid/Caustic Lines
- SX Acid Mining
- Factory Mutual Piping - Fire loops and mains
- Organic Chemicals
- Inorganic Chemicals
- Hazardous Waste
- Process Water
- Dual Contained Systems
- Cooling Water
- Acid bath
- Barge loading and unloading Tank storage
- Dual Containment Piping Systems
- Tailings lines
- Liquor, bleaching, and caustic acid lines
- Pipe rehabilitation in both plant and out of plant piping.
- Dredge piping
- Pit dewatering
- Power Plants, fresh water and discharge. Spent fuel slurry (fly ash and bottom ash)