POWER & COMMUNICATIONS RELATED LITERATURE
Handbook of Polyethylene PipePPI's Handbook of Polyethylene Pipe describes how polyethylene piping systems continue to provide utilities with cost effective, sustainable and reliable solutions to build and rehabilitate the underground infrastructure. While Chapter 14 is specifically on Duct and Conduit, other chapters (e.g. Chapter 3 on Material Properties and Chapter 12 on Horizontal Directional Drilling) also apply to conduit.
- Chapter 3 - Material Properties
- Chapter 12 - Horizontal Directional Drilling
- Chapter 14 - Duct and Conduit
HDPE Conduit & Duct Handling GuideThe HDPE Conduit & Duct Handling Guide (also known as PPI TN-58) provides information about general handling guidelines for reels and coils of HDPE conduit and duct, including the potential risks when cutting open such reels and coils. It also covers a limited range of safety issues regarding the unloading, unwinding, straightening and cutting of PE conduit and duct.
SoftwareThe Conduit Design Calculator is a software tool that aids in determining the most appropriate wall thickness of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) conduit installed via horizontal directional drilling (HDD) techniques.
- Position Paper: The Broadband Conduit Deployment Act of 2017, June 2017
- Position Paper: Underground vs. Aerial Installation of Power Lines, February 2016
- Statement U - PPI Position Statement on the Use of PCR Materials in Polyethylene Pipe & Conduit
- Statement V - Recommended Color Code for Solid Wall Plastic Pipe and Conduit
- Statement Z - Use of Calcium Carbonate Additives in HDPE Conduit
- TN-21 PPI PENT Test Investigation
- TN-48 Guidelines for Choosing Wall Thickness for HDPE Conduit Based on "Mini-HDD" (Horizontal Directional Drilling)
- TN-50 Guide to Specifying HDPE Conduit
- TN-58 HDPE Conduit and Duct Handling Guide
- TN-59 Comparison of HDPE Conduit and Fabric Divider Installed as Innerduct
- TN-61 Coilable HDPE Conduit Ovality and Coil-Set
- TN-63 Safe Pull Strength Calculations for Conduit NEW 2021!
- TR-11 Resistance of Thermoplastic Piping Materials to Micro- and Macro- Biological Attack
- TR-18 Weatherability of Thermoplastic Piping Systems
- TR-46 Guidelines for Use of Mini-Horizontal Directional Drilling for Placement of High Density Polyethylene Pipe
Note: Refer to MAB-7 for municipal water applications or to PPI TN-48 for conduit.
- TR-47 Pipe Stiffness and Deflection Testing of Coilable HDPE Conduit as Related to Burial Depth